Special Olympics Pilipinas (SOP) is seeking an Admin and Human Resource Officer to manage 70% of the organization’s administrative office operations and 30% of the human resource functions. This role requires a highly analytical individual with excellent problem-solving skills and an empathetic leadership style. The ideal candidate shall be capable of clear communication with others, have superb organizational and
time-management abilities, an understanding of basic arithmetic, and competent computer literacy.
|Admin and Human Resource Officer
|Project-Based, fulltime, Remote
Manage the overall office operations: oversee maintenance and repairs, quotations, and purchases, finding solutions to IT challenges and the payment of office expenses.
Coordinates with any outsourced payroll or corporate services providers (Travel Agency/Legal/HR)
Coordinates meetings. Lead and negotiate venues for all conferences and major events.
Coordinates and oversees all staff travels, lodging, etc. for visits, events, and conferences.
Liaise with the Board Corporate Secretary in performing contract/agreement reviews to ensure compliance with SO contract policies.
Lead and support country staff and Programs on the timely submission and management of all grant applications and grant reports.
Lead in the inventory and management of SO Pilipinas assets and equipment
Provide technical assistance to the country programme to ensure efficient and effective delivery of programs and activities
Direct personnel recruitment and training processes
Plan and streamline all administrative procedures
Assess team performance to identify opportunities for coaching and guidance
Manage personnel scheduling and project deadlines
Monitor office inventory and organizational costs
Encourage effective communication across the organization
Human Resource (30%)
Manage HR Planning, Recruitment, Benefits, Staff Performance Reviews, Training & Development, Employee Relations.
Liaise with external payroll providers in ensuring that ample and accurate information are provided for payroll processing of existing and new staff.
Update and maintain employee’s personal, leave and training records.
|Skills and qualifications
Highly analytical with excellent problem-solving skills
Empathetic leadership style
Capable of clearly communicating with others
Superb organizational and time-management abilities
An understanding of basic arithmetic
Competent computer literacy
Deep understanding of budgeting best practices
In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office or Google Suite
Outstanding strategic planning abilities
Comprehensive understanding of office management processes
Demonstrable resourcefulness in high-stress situations
Special Olympics Pilipinas is a part of a global organization that aims to make a difference in the lives of people with intellectual disabilities. We believe in the power of sports to bring joy and transformation. Our mission is to promote understanding, acceptance, and inclusion among individuals with and without intellectual disabilities. We work every day, all around the world, to unleash the potential of the human spirit. Our goal is to create a welcoming environment that celebrates diversity and empowers individuals to thrive.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by Philippine laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Is Special Olympics Right For You?
We encourage you to apply if:
- You have experience successfully working alongside a team of diverse and determined individuals
- You have a passion for social inclusion and equality
- You’re a self-starter and committed to the greater good
- You drive for results, are bottom-line oriented, and steadfastly push yourself and others for results
- You are a process-driven leader who gets things done and gets more out of fewer resources
- You enjoy navigating unforeseen challenges and working through ambiguity
- You’re an out-of-the-box creative thinker who thrives on innovation to ensure mission success
- You’re only satisfied when the job is completely finished
- You’re generous with your time and enjoy flexibility
- You’re an exceptional team player with a great work ethic
- You have an unquenchable thirst to be at the heart of social change
- You enjoy giving unwavering attention to detail and possess high levels of organization
To submit your application, kindly send your Letter of Intent and an updated Curriculum Vitae to:
Mr. Janvie Amido
Special Olympics Pilipinas
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. We kindly request that you refrain from making any calls or sending emails to follow up on your application.
- Third week of February – Initial Interview
- Last week of February – Final Interview and exams
- First week of March – Announcement of results
- Second week of March – Onboarding and compliance of requirements
- March 16 – First Day of Work